We are legally required to publish the following privacy statement. It contains information on who we are, what type of data we store and for what purposes. The privacy statement also contains information on the initial data transfer and the type of transmitted data.
1. Subject of privacy
Privacy is about personal data. Personal data are details related to the personal environment of an identified or identifiable individual. Examples are name, postal address, email address but also user data such as a computer's IP address.
2. Automatic anonymous collection, processing and use of data
We automatically collect, process and use non-personal data transmitted to us by your browser (cookies). This information contains:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL (source of a link)
- IP address (host name for the computer used)
- Time of server request
2.1 we distinguish between the following types and functions
- Temporary cookies (also known as session cookies): These cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain stored even after you close your browser. This enables us, for example, to recognize our statistics when you visit our website again.
- First-Party-Cookies: These cookies are set by ourselves.
- Third-Party-Cookies / Third-Party-Cookies: Cookies that are set by third parties to make special services available on our website (e.g. watching videos or accessing online maps). We explain the underlying services in this data protection declaration.
- Necessary cookies: You need these cookies for technical reasons, for example for security reasons, so that you can surf on our website.
- Customer login: You need these cookies to log in to the protected area on our website and to use the DAT online applications.
- Statistics: We need these cookies to measure your reach and analyse your website - this enables us to identify which content is most popular and most interesting for you.
- Convenience: You must agree to these cookies, which are usually third-party cookies, in order to be able to use special services on our website without restriction. For example, if you would like to view the videos embedded on our website or the online maps.
You may revoke your consent at any time. For example, by making the appropriate browser settings to deactivate the cookies or by opting out of the statistics cookies via the corresponding section of this data protection declaration.
2.3 Range of coverage analysis / statistics
We evaluate the use of our website statistically. We record visitor flows, frequently used content, entry and exit points on the website and the length of stay on our pages. This allows us to identify where we should make adjustments so that we can continue to provide you with an attractive website in the future, where you can reach your destination with as few clicks as possible and where you can find many useful services for you. No matter which device you use - our goal is that all pages are displayed on all devices in a reader-friendly way. Statistical analysis enables us to tailor the content of our website even better to your personal interests.
In the course of the range analysis, the IP addresses of the users are also stored, but in anonymous form, more precisely: pseudonymised.
Here for you at a glance, which data we collect for what purpose and on which legal basis in the course of the range analysis:
- Data collected or processed: Usage data (e.g. visited websites and landing pages, interest in content, access times, length of stay, repeated visits), meta or communication data (device information, screen resolution, browser used, operating system, anonymous IP addresses)
- Affected persons: Visitors to our website, users of our online applications
- Purpose of the data processing: Range measurement for the improvement of contents
- Security measures: Pseudonymisation of the IP address, hosting on German web servers
- Legal basis: Your present consent by accepting the corresponding cookies in the cookie box when you visit the website for the first time (consent according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO exists), our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. DSGVO.
2.4 Services used for range measurement
All information that we collect about your usage behaviour is only stored on our own servers and is not passed on to third parties. The server is located in Germany. The cookies with which your visits are tracked have a maximum storage period of 13 months.
Revoke your consent to tracking / objection / opt-out: Would you like Matomo to stop tracking you in the future? Then please click on the link below. Then an opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser and we will not store any further records of your visits. Please note: If you delete your cookies completely, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted.
2.5 Other Embeded Services and Functions
We use different services from other providers or third parties. This enables you, for example, to open embedded videos on our website or to call up online maps.
Each time you access such embedded content, it is necessary to provide your IP address to that third party. This is the only way to transfer the content directly to your browser. We always consider very carefully which third party services we use.
Before you use these services, your consent is necessary. Either by accepting cookies in the so-called cookie box when you first access our website (Comfort category) or individually if you wish to use a service (e.g. opening a video).
Here you can see at a glance which data is passed on to the relevant service providers for what purpose and on what legal basis in the course of the embedded services:
- Processed data types: Usage data (e.g. websites visited, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses), content data (e.g. text input of postal codes).
- Data subjects: Visitors to our website
- Purpose of data processing: Legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. DSGVO in an economically operated, user-friendly website with information relevant to the visitor. Consent by accepting the cookies is requested so that consent is given in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
Services and service providers used:
- Instagram : Social network; Service provider: Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA; Website: https://www.instagram.com; privacy statement: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy.
- LinkedIn: Social network; Service provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland; Website: https://www.linkedin.com; privacy statement: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy; Privacy Shield (Ensuring data protection level when processing data in the USA): https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000L0UZAA0&status=Active; objection possibility (Opt-Out): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
- Twitter: Social network; Service provider: Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA; privacy statement: https://twitter.com/de/privacy, (settings) https://twitter.com/personalization; Privacy Shield (Ensuring data protection level when processing data in the USA): https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active.
- YouTube: Social network; Service provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, parent company: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy; Privacy Shield (Ensuring data protection level when processing data in the USA): https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active; objection possibility (Opt-Out): https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
- Xing: Social network; Service provider: XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Deutschland; Website: https://www.xing.de; privacy statement: https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung.
2.6 your current cookie selection
You can check and change your currently selected cookie settings for this website by clicking the followig links:
3. Requested collection, processing and use of personal data
Basically, using the website does not require any personal data to be collected, processed or used. We consequently do not engage in such collection, processing or use of data.
We will only collect, process and use personal data if you provide your personal data voluntarily to us. This may be necessary in the following cases:
In order to conclude a contract, a prior registration is required. This includes the provision of personal data. When registering, you are asked to enter the following personal data:
- Last name and first name
- Email address
- Phone number
If you choose to receive our newsletter, we will need a current email address assigned to you as well as other personal data that enable us to validate you as the owner of the provided email address. At any time you may withdraw your consent to store your personal data and email address and use this information for sending the newsletter.
3.3. Contract handling
It may be necessary to transfer the personal data that we need for delivering our services or fulfilling our contracts to other businesses, like, for example, interface partners or other service providers. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties if this is required for business reasons.
3.4. Transfer to third parties and government agencies
In other cases, we will only transfer your personal data to third parties if you have given consent to do so before. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
We will disclose your personal data to government agencies only if we are required by law to do so, and to comply with any legal decisions.
We will only use your personal data for advertising purposes after we have received your consent to do so.
3.6. Data transfer abroad
Collected data are generally not transferred abroad.
3.7. Using telecommunications and media services
We collect and use personal data to enable the use of telecommunications and media services (usage data). Among these usage data are specific characteristics related to your identification, start and end dates of the usage period, scope of usage and information on the telecommunications and media services you have used.
3.8. Processing usage data for billing
We process usage data after the usage end only as long as this data is required for billing purposes (billing data). We merge usage data on the use of different telecommunications and media services as long as this is required for billing purposes and as long as this is possible. To comply with the applicable legal, statutory or contractual retention terms, we may lock the data.
3.9. Disclosure to third parties
Billing data are transferred to other service providers or third parties as long as this is required for determining the price and for billing your charges to you. In case we have signed a contract on collecting the charges with a third party, we may transfer billing data to the contracting party if this is required for this purpose. Anonymized usage data may be transferred for marketing research purposes of other service partners.
3.10. Advertising, market research, customised telecommunications and media services
In order to customise our telecommunications and media services we create aliased usage profiles. Usage profiles are not merged with data on the alias owner.
4. Right to information
At any time you have the right to request information on the data stored in relation to yourself, their origin and source, the recipients or recipient categories to which this data is transferred as well as the purposes for storing the data.
To request free information on the personal data we have stored in relation to you, please send an email to email@example.com
5. Deletion and locking
We will delete personal data processed for our own purposes as soon as this data is no longer needed to fulfil the purposes the data was saved for. If legal, statutory or contractual retention terms prohibit the deletion of this data, if there is reason to assume that deleting the data will impair any legitimate interest of the person concerned or if deleting the data would require unreasonable efforts due to the specific way the data was saved, we will instead lock the data.
Apart from that, you may request the data we have collected about you to be locked, corrected or deleted at any time. The data will also be deleted in case you withdraw your consent to collect, process and use personal data in the future. If the withdrawal takes place during the current business transaction, the data will be deleted immediately after the business transaction closes.
Further legal provisions regarding the deletion or locking of data remain unchanged.
6. Technical and operational measures
We will implement the technical and operational measures required to ensure that the data privacy provisions are complied with as long as the ratio of undertaken efforts and intended privacy purpose is reasonable. For email communication, we cannot guarantee secure data transmission. Therefore, we recommend sending confidential information only via the postal service.
7. Data controller
Data controller (in terms of privacy laws):
Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH
Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern, Germany
Phone: +49 711 4503-0
Fax: +49 711 4586340
8. Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to collect, process or use your data at any time. Withdrawals must be sent to:
Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH
Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern, Germany
Phone: +49 711 4503-0
Fax: +49 711 4586340
on the right of revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen (14) days without giving reasons.
The revocation term is fourteen (14) days from the day on which you or a third party named by you who is not the carrier, have/has taken into possession the last good.
In order to use your right of revocation, you will have to notify us, Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1 in 73760 Ostfildern, Germany; phone 0711 4503 0, fax 0711 4503 101, email address firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing (i.e. in a letter delivered by the postal service, by fax or by email) of your decision to revoke this contract. As an option, you may also use the attached sample form to state your revocation.
In order to comply with the revocation term, you will have to send the revocation notification before the deadline for revocation passes.
What happens after revocation?
If you revoke this contract, we will refund all payments received from you, including shipping costs (with the exception of any additional costs that resulted from your selection of any non-standard delivery method), immediately and no later than fourteen (14) days after the day we have received your contract revocation notification. The refund will be processed using the same payment method that you used for the original transaction, unless explicitly agreed with you otherwise. In no case will you be charged for this refund.
We may reject refunding your payments until the goods have been returned to us or until you have submitted sufficient evidence that you have returned the goods, whatever takes place earlier.
You will have to return or hand back to us the goods immediately and in any case no later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which you have notified us about your contract revocation. To comply with the deadline, the goods must be sent within 14 days.
We will cover for the return costs.
A potential loss in value of the goods may only be charged to you if such loss is the result of handling the goods in a way that is unnecessary to check their quality, characteristics and functionality.
Unless otherwise agreed, the right of revocation does not apply to contracts on the shipping of audio or video recordings or computer software delivered in a sealed package when the seal was broken after delivery.
For contracts controlling the delivery of digital content not stored on physical media, the right of revocation extinguishes also if the provider started executing on the contract after the consumer explicitly agreed that the provider start executing on the contract before the revocation term's deadline ends, and if the consumer acknowledged that by agreeing at the time of execution start they will lose their right of revocation.